Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Night! :D 10/22/2010

Hello! :)

Today was a uber duber good day :D  In first period I had to sing by myself (Remember me blogging about this last night?) well I was crying in class because I was so nervous but eventually I just stood up and went in front of the whole class! :D People who were singing before me just made my crying worse because they were all so good! :P I've never sang in front of my parents so to sing in front of a whole class room with over 25 students was like the biggest thing EVER.  Even though I sucked, I'm really proud of myself.



In second period a guy from Cornish College Of The Arts came to teach us about their college.  AMG!  I want to go there now :) They have a visual AND fine arts program there, they're one of the only places that does that!!!!! Impressive, yesh??? It's like 26 thousand a year but gets cheaper each year you're there.  Plus, if your audition is good they immediately start giving you scholarships! It's required that you stay in one of their dorms your freshman year and it's like 8 thousand so yeah, this place is a bit expensive.  But who knows all the scholarships I could get, right?! Plus, what if this place makes me successful and happy for the rest of my life?  It won't matter that it's expensive then! Their dance system is mainly Ballet and Modern.  Guess what???  It's not required that you EVER do pointe if you major in dance with ballet!  That's pretty cool I think.  All of their other dance classes seem amazing as well.  Their directing classes are offered to you when you're a junior as well as film classes.  A graduate from their college is now an actor on the show you've all heard of; Dexter. :D  Doesn't this place sound amazing??  I can't remember all he said but when he was telling us about it I couldn't help going crazy in my head imagining the things I could learn and do and the goals I could achieve(thanks Daddy for telling me how to spell that!) there!  Their academics are also related very much with fine arts.  What I mean is like all of the classes are taught in a way that it applies to our artistic talents and in ways that we can use them on the stage.  I am just so excited to apply for college, you don't even know.  This has got me bouncing off walls :D

So!! Then I had lunch and then my last two classes, whoop whoop! :D During rehearsal we did our first full run through and the whole time during Part 2 while I was waiting for my part I had to pee SO BAD.  Then I realized there's a toilet in the dressing room behind the stage :P  I felt silly.  At least I got to pee before I went on stage! X)  Starting Monday is our first dress rehearsal :O  also, Monday we have normal rehearsal time (3:35-6:00) but then on TUESDAY we have rehearsal from 3:35 to 9:30/10:00 at NIGHT!  I will have to pack DINNER to eat at rehearsal!  Isn't that crazy?  The week before performance is always funnest though in everyone Else's opinion so we'll see how things go!

Do you want a recipe yet, darlings??  Okay :) It's from Crave. Indulge. Satisfy and she got it from Betty Crocker :)



Streusel In-Between Pumpkin Cake (Betty Crocker)

STREUSEL
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablspoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened

CAKE
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar, if desired
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening; lightly flour. In small bowl, stir all streusel ingredients until crumbly, set aside.
  • In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until creamy. Add eggs, two at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended.
  • Spread half of the batter in pan. Sprinkle streusel over batter, making sure streusel does not touch side of pan. Top with remaining batter, making sure batter layer touches side of pan.
  • Bake 58 to 62 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
  • Makes 16 servings.

ENJOY!



And no random facts tonight, I'm too tired :P

Sweet dreams :)

Loves n kisses n all sortsa wishes,

kranberrie♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]