Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Night?!?! 10/25/2010

Well first of all, I log onto Blogger and I've got three new comments and almost everyone I follow had a new post!!!!! Geez! Exciting! :D I've never known a Monday to be such a thrill! :P I loved all the comments, it made me so happy that people were reading my posts! :P  And I commented on Crave. Indulge. Satisfy. and guess what?!?! She came onto my blog and replied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited because to me she seems like totally famous ::high pitched giggles::  I mean, it wasn't personal or anything but she actually answered my question and I felt really special!! And Megan ♥ keeps commenting on my blog, she's really fun to comment back and forth with :P Plus, she follows my mom too so there's this little circle between us! :P

I love when I enter blogger to so much joy and great findings! :D

This morning I passed out my little cookies to some random people because it only made eight little bags so I couldn't pass them out to the play cast.  It was exciting because everyone was oohing and aahing and yumming and other people were getting jealous they didn't get any!  I mean, I felt bad but it was great! ^-^ 

In first period I did a little quiz on that I feel pretty good about! :P  Then we had to make these cube things and we had half an hour to figure that out but we literally finished that in less than five minutes. :)  So I held a rat, glared at the cockroaches, petted a snake, avoided a tarantula, and HELD A RABBIT! :D Biology class pets are great ^-^ I used to have a rabbit so it was really super comforting and awesome to hold the bunny in class :') ::happy tears:: Jk, but I did sorta feel a bunny connection :P

In second period we learned about Hitler >:( and we also watched a movie on the Berlin wall falling thingy which is coming up again.

We're doing pirouettes now!!!!!!!!! :D I know they're not THAT big of a deal, but they sort of are, you know?  I can do it fine on the right, I can actually spot too! :D But on the left I kind of mess up my posse and then drop it early :P  Practice, I know.

Uhh in math we did some fun problems :)  So yep! :D

I guess I'll put recipes from Crave. Indulge. Satisfy. tonight since she commented on my post! ^-^  Yeep!!!

Granola Bars! :D Peanut Butter kind too! :P Of course from Crave. Indulge. Satisfy.


Peanut Butter Granola Bars (Giada DeLaurentiis)

Ingredients:
-vegetable cooking spray
-1 egg white
-1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
-1/3 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup honey
-1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
-2 cups old fashioned oats
-1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, *see cook's note
-1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips

  • Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Spray a 9 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray. Lay parchment paper in the pan, allowing the excess paper to hang over the sides. Spray the parchment paper lightly with cooking spray.
  • In a medium bowl, using a hand beater, beat the egg white until frothy. Stir in the peanut butter, brown sugar and honey. Add the melted butter, oats and almonds. Stir to combine, then add the chocolate chips.
  • Using a rubber spatula, spread mixture into the prepared baking pan, pressing lightly to form an even layer. Bake until the edge of the mixture begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares and serve.
  • *Cook's Note: To toast almonds, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
And I HATE granola bars, the only ones I like are the Koshi ones with lots and lots of nuts, no raisins, no disgusting honey syrup flavor.  But everyone else I know loves them so I thought I'd post a recipe that you might like! I would even be willing to try this recipe, it looks so beautiful and everything!

Another recipe?? Okay :)  Just cause you said please :) Once again, from Crave. Indulge. Satisfy.



Triple Chocolate Walnut Biscotti (adapted from Wilton Cookie Exchange book)

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  • In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. In small bowl, combine eggs, butter and vanilla.
  • With electric mixer on low speed, gradually add egg mixture to flour mixture; mix until well blended.
  • Stir in 1/4 cup white chocolate and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
  • On lightly floured work surface, knead dough until smooth. Roll into a 12 in log; place in middle of prepared cookie sheet.
  • Bake 25-28 minutes or until firm to the touch.
  • Cool log 30 minutes on cookie sheet. Slice into 1/2 in. thick pieces.
  • Place slices cut side up on cookie sheet.
  • Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
  • Bake biscotti an additional 15-20 minutes or until firm. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to cooling grid to cool completely.
  • Drizzle with melted chocolate. (optional)
  • Makes about 2 dozen biscotti.
I never tried Biscotti until I went to a book store last year and it's sooo good!!!!!! :D

So any hoo! :)  Night everybody, thanks for making me feel loved by reading my blog! :)

Loves n kisses n all sortsa wishes,

kranberrie♥

2 comments:

  1. awe thanks for mentioning me in your post. it made me feel speshal haha <3 megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these recipes! <3
    So sorry I havent blogged!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]