Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Night! 10/20/2010

First of all, I've made a new rule that I will comment on three DIFFERENT blogs every Sunday and Wednesday!!!! :D

Hello and welcome to Kranberrie's Juicies! ♥♥♥

So! Today was great, but just great! :]] It was 'Gays and Lesbians support day' or something so it was I guess a requirement to wear purple! I don't know who made this up but I wore purple because I totally support them! :D Especially because of Zack! :D ♥ Zack's a pretty darn cool friend :P

Uhhhhhh... So yup!  I'm thinking.. one of the recipes that I'm so anxious to bake around Christmas time needs to be tested! :]] Since I totally cannot wait to make all of those amazing recipes then I think I will try out one during this month or early November because if I make them right before Christmas and they're nasty then that would be a big shame, wouldn't it?! ;]]  I will be making Peppermint Meringue Kisses from one of my favorite blogs! ^-^ Plus they're so cute and small and only requires THREE INGREDIENTS.  THREE. Plus it makes SEVENTY TWO, 72, seventy plus chizzing two of those cute little kisses! They're perfect treats for coworkers or schoolmates! :D

My recipe(s?) tonight is (are?) from Crave. Indulge. Satisfy.  LIKE ALWAYS! :P I might need to start looking for new recipes this weekend because I don't like always getting them from the same place! :P Though the places I get them are UHMAYZING! (And yes, I'm mostly only doing fall and Christmas dessert recipes now.) Tehe, she got this recipe from a different site too! :P



Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe from www.recipegirl.com)

CUPCAKES:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup canned pure pumpkin

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
3 cups powdered sugar (more if you intend to pipe it on)
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
4 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp fresh lemon juice

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan (or a 24 cup mini muffin pan) with baking cups.
  • In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Set aside.
  • In a separate bowl, stir oil and sugar together. Whisk in eggs, and stir in vanilla extract.
  • Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir pumpkin into the batter until it is thoroughly combined.
  • Spoon batter into lined muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Less time will be needed if you are making mini-cupcakes. When cupcakes are removed from oven, let them sit for about 10 minutes, then remove them to cool completely on wire rack.
  • Meanwhile prepare the cream cheese frosting: In a medium bowl beat together all ingredients.

YUHMEEEEEEE! :D So yes, you guessed right, I have two recipes tonight! ^-^ Tehehehe! So excited to share this one with you!  GUESS WHAT IT IS! :D :D :D :D

Yup! Peppermint Meringue Kisses!!!!!!!!! :DDDD



Peppermint Meringue Kisses

3 large egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
red food coloring

  • Put egg whites and sugar into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Heat, whisking constantly, until sugar is dissolved about 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Transfer egg-white mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 15 minutes.
  • Beat in peppermint extract and food coloring 1 drop at a time, to achieve desired shade. (I wanted a light pink color).
  • Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Transfer meringue to pastry bag fitted with Wilton star tip 1M. Pipe 1-inch spiraled mounds with peaked tops onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 1 inch apart.
  • Bake until meringues are crisp and can be removed easily from parchment, about 1 hour 40 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Store in layers between pieces of parchment paper in airtight containers up to 1 week.
  • Makes 6 dozen.
Yay!!!! I didn't really like the lighting of that first photo so Imma show you another one from before she baked them! :D


 Isn't that picture cute???  Want to see them going into the oven?! :D



Aww, they're really super cute, huh?! :D I am so excited to make these, you don't even know!

I'll maybe post pictures of when I MAKE THEM! :D Woot!!!!!!!

Random facts now... :D

♥ Days until Opening Night!: 8. Chiz, dude. Seriously.
♥ Website of the day: http://darjeelingdreams.blogspot.com/ :D
♥ German paragraph of the day: Ich mag Nudeln. Ich mag Kuchen. Ich mag Essen. Ich mag alle Lebensmittel. Das ist genug, Sätze zu einem Absatz jetzt bilden. (If you have a German friend or know how to use some sort of translater, do because I usually have interesting paragraphs!)
♥ Favorite snack of the day: Arizona Tea, Mucho Mango Flava! :999
♥ kranberrie fact of the day: I get really obsessed over things and forget that it's even possible to let anything go.
♥ Chapstick flavor of the day: Cherry. Yuck DX (my least favorite flavor of anything!)

GOODNIGHT! :D Oh yeah, never mind, not yet :P

http://meganslotsofknots.blogspot.com/ http://boxandb.blogspot.com/ and kevinandamanda.com

are the three blogs I commented on tonight! :D

Goodnight now fershur!

Loves n kisses n all sortsa wishes,

kranberrie♥

3 comments:

  1. those cupcakes look and sound sooooooo i think i will try to bake them tonight!! thanks for sharing!!!! cant wait to see pics of the kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i made 'em and they were delish

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did?! :D Thats awesome :) Did you post pictures?? Were they really tasty?!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]