Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday Night :) 11/27/2010

'Ello there loves :)

Today was a gooooood day again, I found myself busy all day!  It was great :)  When I was busy though, I thought as well.  I'm getting better with dealing with my thoughts.  I'm trying to teach myself how to think of the good things, but not shut the bad things completely away.  I keep telling myself that the bad things have already happened and it's time to let them go, it's not like they're still going on.  Self counseling :)  I bet you're proud of me Dad, I don't have to be one of your patients now ;)

Speaking of Dad, he bought me a crap load of new expansions and stuff packs for Sims 3! :D It's part of my Christmas present but he had to give it to me now.  I mean, it was a sale online and it was download only.  The sale is only this weekend.  So there's no way he could've kept that from me X)  Thanks!!! I can't wait to play them, Dad! :D

Yeah, um so onto the recipe! :D From Darjeeling Dreams



Apple Brie Walnut Tart  

1 all-butter pastry shell with 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
3 tbsp (light) honey
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped walnut (can substitute pecans)
6-7 oz brie, thinly sliced
3-4 small Honeycrisp (or similar crisp-sweet baking apple), coarsely peeled, cored, sliced into 1/8 rounds
1 tsp juice from a lemon (preferably a meyer lemon)
5-7 sprigs of thyme, leaves only

See here for all-butter pastry shell recipe. During the first step of combining flour and salt, add the nutmeg.

While shell is blind-baking: Melt together the honey and butter, set aside. Prep apples by coarsely peeling, coring, and slicing into 1/8 doughnut-shaped rounds, and pour lemon juice over apples. Prep brie by slicing as thinly as possible. Melt together the butter-honey mixture.

Assemble tart: Preheat oven to 395°f. Gently press all but 1 tbsp of the walnut pieces into the prepped shell. Over this, layer brie slices as evenly as possible. Next, layer apple slices in two rows, make sure that the slices overlap in a manner that covers the cored area (see photograph of tart). Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp of walnut pieces. Then, use a pastry brush to apply the honey-butter mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 of thyme leaves onto the tart. Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining thyme over tart. Allow to cool for 10 - 25 minutes before removing from pan and slicing. This tart is best served warm.

K! :D Now Random Pictures :)

♥Picture of a cute cupcake:

♥Picture of Amy:

♥Picture of something in my room:

♥Picture of something I made today:

♥Picture of something random I love today:



YUP!  So goodnight :)  Hope you all have lovely dreams and a wonderful morning tomorrow! 

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]