Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Afternoon 11/28/2010

S.I.P Charles.  Swim in peace.  My goldfish, Charles died about a half hour ago.  It made me sad... but I kind of knew it was going to happen.  We got him from the lake, then he was used as bait, then he was put in a tank, then he was switched to ANOTHER tank, my tank.  So he went through a bit more than a fishy should.  I've only had him for a week, thank gosh I didn't get too attached.  I'm thankful that I had him at all though :)  And I still have my purple Beta, Mr. Tartlet.  He's two years old and still swimmin' :)

OH, YOU GUISE! :D (tehe, nerdiness X))  I blogged on Amy's blog :) PLEASE go read it.  It's right here: Kranberrie's Guest Write. :)  It's super cool.  So read it.  Please!  I will post the link a couple more times in future posts since I know not all you guys get a chance to read every post.  Her blog is super cool, so after you read my post, read some more! :D

Recipe.  Froooom... Kevin and Amanda

pan seared salmon recipe blog

Pan-Seared Salmon

2 salmon fillets
Dale’s Steak Seasoning
McCormick’s Grill Mates Steak Seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter

Marinate the salmon fillets, skin side up, in a small dish for 30 mins in Dale’s Steak Seasoning. After 30 mins, begin heating a skillet large enough for the fillets over high heat. Season fillets with McCormick’s Grill Mate’s Steak Seasoning. Once the skillet gets hot, add butter & olive oil to the skillet and let it heat up. Reduce heat to medium high, then add fillets, skin side down. Cook until skin is well browned and the bottom half of the fillets turn opaque, about 5 mins. Turn fillets over and cook for another 3-5 mins. At this point (right after flipping over) the skin should be very easy to remove with fork and knife. Turn the salmon over and sear briefly (1-2 mins), or until desired doneness is reached. When the fish is done, it should still show traces of bright orange when you peek inside the fillet with the tip of a paring knife.

Now for random pictures.........

♥Picture of a cute cupcake:
♥Picture of Amy:

♥Picture of something in my room:

♥Picture of something I made today:

♥Picture of something random I love today:
(I made this picture.  I edited it, my hand's not that dark, I'm very pale.  And that quote was just something I made up, I'm not depressed and not eating or anything.  I promise :P)
Yeah! So have a good evening :)  Thanks for reading.
TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. heyyyyyyy just wanted to let you know the text under your recipe didnt show up... dont know if its just my computer. im going to read your post on Amy's blog now!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]