Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday Night! :] 12/13/2010

Don't you hate it when you go through the whole day thinking it's the 12th, writing that date on all of your assignments and then getting home and realizing it's the 13th??!!!  I do! X]

Hello again!  I've missed blogging but for the past few days I've been just a bit busy :P

I did my performance on Thursday for ballet.  It was amazing.  We didn't do perfect but my group was definitely the best.  I'm not being conceited or cocky.  But all the other groups only put about half their effort into it, nobody took it seriously.  Everyone only did like half of their songs and did really awkward sections put together into a big messy clump that they called Nutcracker Dances.  I don't mean that so harshly, that sounded really bad.  They all did REALLY good dancing, but in my opinion their choreography was a little lacking.  Ours however was amazing.  It was an actual dance, we flowed through everything, it was all on 8 counts.  Not 4 then 6 then 3 like some groups.  We also started right on 1, it was really cool.  We danced the entire song.  And it was beautiful.  Thank you Sarah and Amanda for working so hard with me and doing an amazing job.

This weekend was my mom's baby shower! :D  It was really fun and we all ate tooooo much food.  (Especially me.)  I can't believe there's less than a month until Morgana should be born, and honestly, she could be born any day now.  It's scary!  But I'm excited :]

Oh!!!!!!!!!! SOOO!  I should probably post my projects that I did for the baby shower :]  I PROMISE I will next time that I do a full post.  But I don't have pictures this time.  :]  I won't be posting alllll of the projects I'm in the middle of though until after Christmas!  Can you guess why?  Haha, I bet you can! :D

Would you like a recipe?  Ooookay :]  From Crave. Indulge. Satisfy.



Classic Chocolate Whoopie

adapted from Whoopie Pies (I used granulated sugar instead of dark brown sugar...everything else is the same)


Ingredients:

-1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
-2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
-4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
-4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1 egg
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 cup milk
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • In a bowl, sift together, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
  • In another bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugar with a mixer on low until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for about 3 minutes.
  • Add egg and vanilla and beat for two more minutes.
  • Add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk and beat on low until incorporated. Repeat with remaining flour and milk and beat until combined.
  • Using a tablespoon, drop batter on baking sheet two inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes each or until pies spring back when pressed gently.
  • Remove from oven and cool for about five minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Makes 50 cookies, enough for 25 pies.

Peppermint Buttercream

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
-4 cups confectioner's sugar
-1/4 cup milk
-1 teaspoon peppermint extract
-6 candy canes, crushed for garnish

  • In bowl of electric mixer cream butter on medium speed.
  • Gradually add confectioner's sugar and milk and mix well.
  • Mix in peppermint extract.
  • Place peppermint buttercream in plastic bag and pipe a dollop on flat side of cookie. Sandwich together with another cookie.
  • Sprinkle filling with crushed candy canes!
The end :] Yummo!

Random pictures! :D

♥Picture of a cute cupcake:

♥Picture of Amy:

♥Picture of something in my room:

♥Picture of something I made today:

♥Picture of something random I love today:


Well I have to go now dearest :]  I missed blogging, I hope you enjoyed this post!

TTFN,


kranberrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]