Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This week: Theatre and Dance!

Let's start out with theatre, yes?

The other day in acting class we got to work with half face masks.  They were plain, the only unique thing about the different ones were there eyebrow shape or their nose size or their frown/smile.  We picked out our favorite mask, held it in front of a mirror to connect with it, and then put it on.  Then we started working with the movement of their body, how they sneeze, how they wave, how they put on deodorant, how they bend over to tie their shoe.  Then we worked with their voice.  Then their actual movement, like walking and running.  Then the teacher said we were all at a party.  So we made ourselves into a group of partiers.  We interacted as the characters.  Then she interviewed us each individually. 

It was soooooo fun.  I've never connected into a character as much before.  When I looked at the mask in the mirror, the girl's life story just floated into me.  Her name was Ellie, she was shy, she played the piccalo, she was 32, she worked at a convenient store in a nowhere town, and her parents didn't like her because she was never the peppy, outgoing cheerleader daughter they wanted her to be.  Then when I put the mask on, I was Ellie.  I lived that story.  I didn't even have to try to become Ellie, I WAS Ellie.  It felt like magic.

That was what made me decide, I don't want to be a ballerina.  I want to be an actress.  I want to feel that magic everyday and do it for a living.  I want to get to the point where when I read a monologue, I become that character as easily as I did with the masks.


On another theatre note, there are auditions for The Caucasion Chalk Circle on the 16th.  I have 10 days to perfect a monologue.  I'm freaking out.  I feel like I don't have time to get all of my schoolwork and chores done as it is, I can't imagine having time to do work on a monologue.  But I'll find time because I want in this show SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  I'm overwhelmed.  I can't talk about this X] it's making me anxious and worried.

BALLET! :D

We're choreographing in ballet for our show in May.  I feel so beautiful in this dance... I can't wait until May.  And the star of the dance is SO pretty!! The dance kind of tells a story, it's really cute and makes you giggle and go 'awwww!'

I'm just going to post some pictures of ballerinas... and maybe some actors too!  Just to finish up this post :]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]