Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cookie recipe

Hello!

I am actually blogging from my phone tonight. I'm extremely exhausted and cuddled up in my bed already. Yes, in bed at 8:30 on a Saturday night. Crazy, I know!!! Well, this evening I made cookies for a friend that might be coming over tomorrow. I haven't seen this girl since JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL. It's been such a long time and I'm so excited to see her again! So, I decided to make her sugar cookies. The recipe I had in mind called for butter. I didn't have butter. So I was going to use a slightly less amount of margarine instead. Then I got out the margarine and realized I only had like a tablespoon of it left! So then I resorted to vegetable oil. I have this problem where if a baking recipe calls for something I don't have, I use something else. I never follow an actual recipe. And with this cookie recipe I ended up creating the whole thing myself. Want the recipe? Okay, here:

Ingredients:
2.5 cups flour
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups sugar
I tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
Dash of salt
1 egg
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit.
Combine flower, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
Cream sugar and oil in a bowl. Add in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually add in flour.
Knead all of the dough and then roll it out to about three centimeters thick. Use cookie cutters, cut out cookie shapes, place on sheet, gather dough scraps, and roll out and repeat.
After cookies are all on the sheet, place sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Then after cookies are chilled, bake for 10 minutes.
Let cool on pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Ice when cooled if desired.

Tada! There you go. The dough is. Little difficult but you can add more oil or flour as needed. The cookies definitely aren't chewy or soft, but they're crispy. They're not too thin, but they are crispy and light tasting. I would reccomend this recipe for Party cookies that you're going to spend hours decorating.

Baking exhausts me. I love cooking, but baking is just messy labor to me. At least I didn't screw the cookies up!

That's all tonight! I'm so sorry for lack of paragraphs and bad grammar and/or spelling, but like I said, I did this blog on my phone tonight. And I'm also really, very tired. Goodnight, whoever you might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]