Monday, November 21, 2011

Future, bleh.

     I've never been one of those people that has NO idea what they even want to do for a career.  I have always had EVERY idea of what I want to do.  I want to do everything.  My longest dream has been to be an English teacher.  My second longest dream has been to be an actress.  My third longest dream has been to be a dancer.  My fourth longest dream has been to be a chef.  My fifth longest dream has been to be a photographer.  My sixth longest dream has been to be a nurse.  I could go on forever, I swear. 

     My biggest problem with being an English teacher is that it has nothing to do with my biggest enjoyment, performing.  English is a very dear subject to me, but I've always wanted to share my art with the world, not lecture in a classroom for scrap money.  I've been thinking lately, that maybe I could be an online English teacher, because that doesn't involve as much work and it can be a side job while I have a big career.  The thing is.. teaching requires college... with a minimum of four years unless I complete enough AP classes, which is not going to happen.  If I want to have a big career while being an online teacher, that means I have to go to college for both things and I have to spend forever in school....  and shhh... I really don't like school.

     I also really want to be an actress or a dancer.  I've kind of mushed the two together for my dreams, though.  I'm thinking since I want to do stage acting, I'll probably do a lot of musicals, which involve dancers and dancing.  So that balances itself out, which is nice because being a dancer is a short career.  The thing is though, for acting, I want to take it really seriously if I do it.  I probably want my masters degree for it, which would be a LOT of school for me, but most likely really worth it.  GAH!  However, once again, I don't want to get my MFA and a bachelors for teaching.  That would take up almost 10 years, if not more.  That is not going to happen.  I don't want to just do acting though, because it's obviously going to take a few years to get started and I don't want to be a broke joke until I make my break through.  I don't really know of any other fields that I would want to go into, though without a college education for it. 

     I've always wanted to be a chef, photographer and nurse, too.  I am already a photographer, and it's great... but I just can't see doing it forever.  I need my performing arts. <\3  A chef... would be totally awesome, because I absolutely love the art of cooking, but I don't really have much talent in it, and I'm not sure if it would really be a satisfying job.  With being a nurse... the only thing about that option that frightens me is all of the technical education.  I would love to do it to help people, but I'm not sure if I could really ever learn all of the required education... I'm not an academic person, I'm an artist.

     Who knows, maybe I'll end up being the next big inventor, or maybe a painter, or maybe even a flight attendant.  I just really hope I can figure out what I'm going to do... and fast.  Thinking about the future?  Bleh.  It gives me a headache.

**Note: My blog domain will be changed from kranberriesjuicies.blogspot.com to babykatess.blogspot.com on December 20th, 2011. Be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]