Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Makeup Bucket List ♥

     Hey!  I know I already blogged today, but tonight I had an idea.  I just have to say that I can spend HOURS, like literally 5+ hours, just watching makeup and beauty tutorials on YouTube.  I've been doing it a ton, lately.  I have always had a fascination with makeup.  The problem was, when I was younger, I obviously didn't have any money and when I asked for makeup for my birthday or Christmases, nobody really took me seriously.  Once I got a huge set of blushes, bronzers and quite a few eyeshadow pallets for my birthday from The Color Workshop.  Other than that though, whenever I asked for makeup, I usually either didn't get it, or I just got really childish stuff.  I'm not ungrateful, WHATSOEVER, I just never got serious makeup items, you know?  So, I never really had the chance to get too into it myself.

     So, what I thought of tonight while watching AllThatGlitters21 on YouTube (Elle Fowler!  I love Blair and Elle Fowler so much.) I decided I want to make a makeup bucket list.  I'm going to list all of my must have products for each makeup category.  Whenever I get a bit of extra spending money from now on, I'm going to get one item on the list and cross it off.  (Well, I'll use what I have after saving 20% of that spending money. ;)) The catch is, as hard as it will be, I'm not going to use any of the products until I have the entire bucket list.  That way I can really build a collection.  Yes, it might take me quite a while, but I'm going to do it.  That 20% I'm saving is probably going to be for Ikea items for makeup storage, such as a new vanity table, dressers, mirrors, etc.  Although I do love the vintage vanity I have now passed down from Nana, I'd love to have a more sophisticated area to work in.  I actually hope that one day all of the furniture (and makeup-duh) that I'm going to buy can be put in my very own makeup room when I buy my first house. 

     I'm super excited to start on this and as soon as I'm done with my post, I will!  It's probably going to take me a couple of hours, but that's okay!  It's more productive than sulking at YouTube videos being jealous of everyone's collections! 

     There is one thing I'm worried about with this, though.  I know that products get discontinued.  I know that this list is going to take a long time to complete.  So... when I make this list, if I ever go in and add something or edit it because the product has been discontinued, I will put the product in bold.  If I purchase the product, it will be crossed out.  Alright!  Here we go!  Stay tuned for just a few hours to see a new page on my right sidebar containing the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice and leave a nice comment! :D Also, please tell me how you found my blog! Thanks! :]